Friday, August 13, 2010

Poetry and Artists Books

There's a great article in the current Poetry Foundation newsletter about the impact a book of poetry's binding can have on the poetry and vice versa. We had a great workshop for poets on creating broadsides for their work, and I'd like to advocate looking at artists books as having interesting potential for poets & lovers of poetry alike. We're in the process of scheduling another Artists Books class (or two) and I'd encourage anyone who loves words to think about this workshop as a chance to create something really magical.

Check out the interview at this link:

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/journal/article.html?id=239900&utm_medium=email&utm_source=CampaignMonitor&utm_content=635276361&utm_campaign=PFORGNewsletter-07-30-2010&utm_term=BeyondPerfect-Bound

If that doesn't work (and I have to admit the link looks really dicey going in) you can see it at the poetryfoundation.org. The title of the article is Beyond Perfect-Bound. Because we all know that perfect bound books are far from perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment